Monday, February 13, 2012

Why have my crocuses died?

Right at the beginning of spring, I saw some crocuses starting to come up.

Through mid-March I saw them wilt, and then bloom, and then wilt, and then bloom again.

Around April 1, they were still bloomed. From then on, we had a nice weather streak, with temps around 55-65 degrees, with night temps of 40-50 degrees (I live in Pittsburgh, PA).

For some reason, 9 days later, they have died, but there still has been some nice weather. I have other flowers growing close to the spot they were in, but I don't believe that should be a problem.

People have not stepped on them, either. They were just sitting there, in the garden, with some daffodils and other growing bulbs.

Also, they were purple and yellow. Maybe that could be a reason, because they are a certain type that die in warmer weather?

Thanks for the help, if anyone can!

Why have my crocuses died?
From the sound of it they haven't died. They're just spent. They've been through their growth cycle for this year and they should be fine again next winter/spring.



The Muse

football shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment